Rainforest & Wildlife Day/Night Tours Cairns
Wait-a-While Rainforest Spotlighting Tours Cairns offer Rainforest & Wildlife Day/Night Tours in the Cairns region visiting the World Heritage Listed National Parks around Cairns. We have been hosting small personal wildlife spotting and nocturnal spotlighting tours into the world’s oldest continuously surviving rainforest near Cairns for more than 30 years.
With an impressive success rate, we take our guests to the Atherton Tablelands to observe animals, such as the elusive platypus and tree kangaroo, in their natural habitat.
Cairns is a major tourist destination with thousands of visitors coming here each year to experiences the Great Barrier Reef and yet relatively few discover the Cairns Tablelands (sometimes known as the Atherton Tablelands).
The Tablelands are within easy reach of Cairns offering a shorter drive time than Daintree rainforest tours and greater wildlife spotting opportunities.
The best time of day to spot wildlife in Australia is at dusk through to nighttime so our tours depart in the early afternoon. As the rainforest comes alive at night (80% of animals in Australia are nocturnal or more active at night), our spotlights enable us to capture activity up in the canopy.
Experiencing the tropical rainforest at night is something you will remember, especially with an informative guide to help you understand this magnificent wildlife environment. We strive to offer the best Rainforest Tours in Cairns.
We will also learn about the tropical rainforest and how local Aboriginal tribes use the vegetation.
As we go in search of Australian native animals around Cairns on our wildlife spotting and spotlighting tour, our guides will introduce you to some of the world’s most unusual animals, including the elusive platypus (we have a 90% success rate), tree kangaroos, possums, gliders, flying foxes, bandicoots, echidnas, snakes, frogs and many others.
On the tour we will also learn about the tropical rainforest and how local Aboriginal tribes use the vegetation to heal and make remedies to solve everyday common ailments.
- Departs Cairns around 1400 (Port Douglas 1300, Northern Beaches 1330)
- Return to Cairns by 2230 hours (hotel drop off)
- Comfortable, fully air conditioned van
- Maximum 11 people
- Afternoon Tea and Dinner in Yungaburra included
- Learn about the tropical rainforest around the Cairns Tablelands
- 90% success rate for platypus sightings
- Easy walking. Suitable for children.
• Small groups led by personal, professional guides.
• All equipment (binoculars, spotlighting gear, rain ponchos).
• National park fees, fuel levies, insurances, and surcharges.
• Meals – afternoon tea, dinner and refreshments.
• Please advise any special dietary requirements prior to departure.
• Comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles.